Friday, January 16, 2009

The weather today....-15 with a windchill of -35 to -40



Let me start by saying"Its flippin cold outside" The weather right now here in balmy Chicago is 15 below with a windchill that is 35-40 below. When we woke up this morning the thermostat read 63(I have it set at 73) Ummmm yeah do you see something wrong with that picture? Poor Alex was crying that he was cold, so we cuddled on the couch for a while(that doesn't happen often so it was very nice even though we were freezing)
I took some pictures of the ice on our windows and doors.



Above are the pictures I took of my living room windows. My blinds were frozen to the window sill.

Above is the ice/snow that has formed on the bottom of my front door(there is way more than that too, that is just a small part)

I will say that the snow looks very pretty. Here are a couple of pictures looking into my back yard.

2 comments:

Simply Jessabells said...

Aww, Kathy, I feel so bad for you and your family right now. This weather is nuts. Keep warm. I know that it is hard right now. Wishing for warmer weather for you all.

Celina's Life said...

Well your pics make me happy to live in Florida. I cannot complain about our weather at all now. Stay warm!!