Friday, January 16, 2009

Inspire Me



This was a really fun project to make. I was shopping at Hobby Lobby (more Christmas clearance stuff) and I found the green bucket, pink garland, and the wooden star(that's actually an ornament) all for less than 1.00(for everything...nice right?) So I can home and looked in my stash and started to think. And this is what I came up with
I glued the pink garland to the top of the bucket using e6000 glue. Then I covered the star in paper and embossed flowers all over the black, then I cut a star using my slice and glued that down. I stamped "Inspire Me" in black and matted it twice. I then used pop-dots to adhere it to the star.



To make the little clip boards I covered white 4x4 cardboard coasters in paper and glued little clips to the top. I decorated each of them and then glued a wooden skewer that I covered in ribbon to the back.

The bucket is filled with foam and tissue paper 3/4 of the way up and then I topped it off with marbles(Alex picked out the pretty blue color) and then stuck the clip boards in. Right now its holding pictures of the kids but I plan on also using it to put swatches of color that I like and other things that inspire me onto it. I also plan on trying to join some atc swaps and then I will add those into the pot as well.Here it is by my desk with the photos on it. I really like this and I can not wait to add more stuff to it!

2 comments:

Simply Jessabells said...

You truly do inspire me!! Beautiful work, just beautiful.

{raisingAlexis} said...

awesome projects! I esp. love the buckets with the photo clipboards!