Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Its Christmas time again

Well its that time of year again, Christmas is right around the corner. In this house that means that mommy disapears down to her "cave" to work on christmas gifts and decorations. Yesterday I made 2 things. The snow globes are going to be gifts(I still need like 8 more to make :) ) and the tree will be a decoration.
The snow globe was found on splitcoast stampers. I didnt have colored sharpies so I used paint. For the snowflakes behind the snowman(they are hard to see but they are there) I also used paint. I made a pad out of paper towells and pressed mt stamp to it and there you go. I had tried pigment ink but it took forever to dry.
Next I made the Tree. Let me tell you that was a labor of love. I wanted to make 3 of them but we will have to see. The original directions said to use a dowell rod(for the trunk) and a clay pot for the base. I didnt have those so I used a pencil that i covered in ribbon and a fruit can. I am very happy with how it turned out :)
Till next time......Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Fountain of Memories said...

OMG I love the "snow Globe" I have been playing with Clear ornaments all week trying to figure out different ideas. Never thought of that. I am so going to try that now.