Monday, November 1, 2010

Bridal shower goodies

The bridal shower and wedding are long over, but with my days so busy now I am just getting around to posting the things that we made for them. My mom came up with the idea to do a Chicago themed shower since my sister and Bobby had many great memories in our great city. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a stamp with the picture of Navy Pier on it...or even a Ferris wheel. I do, and it is dang near impossible. So my mom and I came up with the idea to print the skyline on paper and make it into a box. I found the original idea here

My sister really likes Carmel popcorn, so my mom made some to put inside the boxes. These really made a cute favor and looked cute on the tables

For the center pieces I came up with the idea to stamp on candles. I saw how to do it from a page on splitcoast stampers a couple of years ago...forgive me I don't have the link anymore. They looked so pretty in the room.

They are so easy to make. You stamp on tissue paper, place the image on the candle and cover it with wax paper. You use your heat gun to melt the tissue into the candle and POOF you have a pretty decorated candle.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Look back tomorrow, I will have pictures of the nugget boxes that I made for a 50th birthday party

1 comment:

Celina's Life said...

Those are all wonderful!!! I love the candles!!